Our Past Belongs in Our Future
The Historical Society of Temple City was established in June of 1987 with 161 charter members. The driving force behind this was Florine Thompson, Woman's Club of Temple City's historian. Through her efforts along with Woman's Club members, Shirley Norman, past president of Temple City Unified School District Board and Woman's Club parliamentarian, and Julie Estrada, a reporter for The Temple City Times newspaper, they were successful in advising the city council of plans to form an independent Society. The Society was approved by The City of Temple City as a separate organization. The Society is recognized by the IRS as a 501(C)(3) tax exempt public charity exclusively for charitable and educational purposes. All donations, bequests, devises, transfers or gifts are tax deductible. The Society became incorporated in November 2004.
The object of the Society, as a nonprofit organization, is to promote an interest in the history of Temple City and to encourage the preservation and the protection of historic landmarks in the community. To collect and to preserve material illustrating or demonstrating the history of the area and of the customs and habits of the people who have lived in the area.
The 1940's Historical Society HALL is AVAILABLE!
The 1940's Historical Society Hall is available for the following types of activities:
- Art Shows
- Business luncheons, dinners and sales meetings
- Craft Shows
- Dance Groups, Schools
- Fund Raisers
For more information: call (626) 451-0833
* Leave NAME and PHONE # ... slowly, Thank you.
This is a Museum Owned Building by The Historical Society of Temple City, Inc.
HALL ENTRANCE TO THE BUILDING IS AT 9704 WOODRUFF
The HALL is NOT AVAILABLE For:
PARTIES, RECEPTIONS, SHOWERS, AND WEDDINGS
THIS IS A NON - SMOKING, NON - ALCOHOLIC FACILITY